Every new Ford vehicle sold at Bayfield Ford in Canada will come with a basic manufacturer warranty (New Vehicle Limited Warranty). The New Vehicle Limited Warranty includes Bumper to Bumper Warranty, Powertrain Warranty, Safety Restraint System Warranty, Corrosion Warranty and Power Stroke Diesel Engine Warranty.
|If you are located outside Barrie, Ontario, Canada, please refer to the Manufacturer’s website for any additional warranty-related questions.
What is covered under Ford Bumper to Bumper Warranty?
Ford Bumper to Bumper warranty covers 3 years or 60,000 km on all parts.
- All parts on Ford vehicle that fail during normal use due to a manufacturing defect in factory-supplied materials or factory workmanship.
- Tires defects in manufacturing-supplied material or workmanship are covered for 100% of labour costs and on a pro rata adjustment basis for parts. You are also covered by a separate warranty from the tire manufacturer.
What is Ford Extended Warranty?
In addition to the basic Bumper to Bumper warranty, Ford has extended warranty for certain auto parts and conditions such as powertrain, safety restraint system, corrosion and diesel engine. The Extended Warranty coverage varies by models. Check your owner manuals or contact Bayfield Ford Lincoln for detailed coverage.
What is a Ford Powertrain Warranty?
The powertrain is covered under an extended warranty for 5 years or 100,000 km. The powertrain warranty is applied to the engine, transmission, front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, four-wheel/all-wheel drive.
How long is the Warranty coverage for Safety Restraint System?
A Safety Restraint System warranty is applied in the first 5 years or 100,000 km to safety belts and airbags.
Is Corrosion covered under Ford warranty?
Yes, corrosion (perforation only) is covered for 5 years, regardless of the mileage.
What is the Coverage Period for Diesel Engine?
Power Stroke diesel engine has the extended warranty timeline of 5 years or 160,000 km.
What is NOT covered by Ford warranty?
- Damage caused by misuse or accidents.
- Damage caused by alteration or modification.
- Normal wear and tear, parts and labour for regular maintenance: oil changes, tire rotation, cleaning/polishing, etc.
- Damaged caused by the environment.
- Tire wear or damage under normal operation.
What is the Ford Extended Service Plan (Ford ESP)?
Extended Service Plan can be purchased separately and provides broader and longer warranty coverage for Ford cars or light trucks (up to 8 years and 200,000 km). Depending on the package, ESP benefits might include reimbursement for rental vehicle, tire and wheel hazard protection, maintenance and wear items, lost key replacement. The plan also provides protection against repair costs and Roadside Service Assistance. Please contact Bayfield Ford to find more about ESP pricing and detailed coverage.