A longer, lower, and wider version of the iconic Ford Escape is arriving at Bayfield Ford in Barrie this fall. The 2020 Ford Escape is sleeker and sportier than its predecessors; it’s also the most aerodynamic Escape to date. Made with light-weight, high-strength steel, the upcoming Ford Escape is more than 200 pounds lighter than the current model.
The 2020 Ford Escape has also undergone a substantial overhaul in design. It has a redesigned exterior, a spacious and refurbished interior, and many of Ford’s advanced safety and infotainment features. Under its hood, it has four new powertrain choices, including two all-new hybrid powertrains.
Highlights of the 2020 Escape
- An all-new available head-up display that creates an image on a screen in front of the driver as they look through the windshield. This helps the driver stay connected with the driver-assist safety features in the vehicle.
- 6” of extra legroom as compared to the current model.
- Available SYNC®3, Ford’s sophisticated voice-activated technology.
- Access to the popular traffic jam-dodging, accident scene-avoiding, hazard-eluding navigation tool, Waze via SYNC®
- The FordPass feature that lets you start, lock, and unlock your vehicle remotely, check fuel and oil levels, and find gas stations and parking spots.
- Five driving modes: Normal, Eco, Slippery, Sport, and Deep Snow/Sand.
- Available AWD Disconnect for fuel-efficiency.
What makes it desirable
The 2020 Ford Escape offers better visibility to its driver and passengers because it’s lower. The Ford Co-Pilot360™ technology is standard for all trims offering services like Cross Traffic Alert, Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking, Auto High-Beam Headlamps, Lane-Keeping System, and Rear-View Camera Customers. Customers can also choose to fit their Escape with safety features like:
- Available active parking assistance
- Available adaptive cruise control
- Available lane keeping system
- Available evasive steering wheel
Ford has taken almost seven years to bring this latest 3-row crossover to its customers. And we think the result is worth taking a close look at.
Call us or fill out our form if you want to visit us at Bayfield Ford and see the 2020 Ford Escape. We will contact you as soon as it arrives at our store.