If you just bought a Ford vehicle, now’s the time to learn all about what it can do for you, so you can get the most out of it. There are tons of useful resources to draw upon, such as the vehicle’s owner’s manual and its recommended maintenance schedule. You can also find videos on how to use the various features Ford’s vehicles have or look up Ford’s roadside assistance program. Here are the best three resources you can use to learn more about your new Ford.
1. Accessing Your Ford Vehicle Manual
The best resource you will find to learn about your Ford vehicle is the owner’s manual. You can look up your Ford vehicle’s manual online by the year and model, and either download it to your phone or print it out. It’s a good idea to keep a copy in your vehicle so it is with you whenever you might need it.
The owner’s manual is a highly useful resource that covers every aspect of owning your Ford, including the following:
- Vehicle operation basics — covering topics from how to use and adjust seats to how to refuel your vehicle for people who have never owned a vehicle before.
- Map of controls and features — showing you where each component, feature, accessory, etc are located in the vehicle.
- Safety tips — instructing you about child safety, use of seatbelts, and information about the various safety features and systems.
- Information on vehicle features — listing of all the features your Ford has plus helpful guides on how to use them.
- Vehicle capacity and specs — informing you of the specific parts, components and engines your vehicle has.
- Accessories — listing all the official Ford accessories you can get for your model.
- Recommended maintenance schedule — showing you how frequently you should bring your Ford in for a service appointment.
Along with the owner’s manual overview, you can also download or print specific manuals of supplementary information as well. These can cover things such as special edition Ford vehicles, warranty information, and tips for driving SUVs and pickup trucks.
2. Watch Ford Vehicle Features Videos
Today’s Ford vehicles come loaded with all kinds of highly useful features and advanced technology, so much that you might not know how to get the most out of each one. Thankfully, Ford has produced several video guides that explain the various specific features that come with their vehicles — whether they are standard or optional features. They cover topics as basic as how to use rear folding seats, to more advanced features such as how to use Ford’s Six-Speed SelectShift transmission.
In total, you will find these useful videos covering the following topics:
- Basics — how to adjust your seats, headrests, steering column, and more.
- Safety features — how to use AdvanceTrac Stability Control, the Collision Warning System, Driver Alert System, and more.
- Luxury features — how to use heated seats, power liftgate, sun or moonroof, and more.
- Performance features — how to use Electric Power Assisted Steering, Torque Vectoring Control, AdvanceTrac Electronic Stability Control, and more.
- Assistance features — how to use MyKey, SecuriCode™ invisible keypad, remote start system, and more.
These videos are all produced by Ford Canada and are updated as new features and technology are added to their lineup of vehicles. You can also find their videos on Ford Canada’s YouTube playlist: Knowing Your Vehicle.
3. Load Your Roadside Assistance Details
The third and final resource that all new Ford owners should use is Ford’s Roadside Assistance program. Every new Ford vehicle that is sold in Canada comes with Ford’s Emergency Roadside Assistance coverage as part of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. It lasts for the same duration as the powertrain portion of your warranty, which you can look up in your owner’s manual.
Roadside Assistance gives you no-cost coverage if you ever have a flat tire, dead battery, or other breakdowns where you would need to get a tow. You can call their toll-free number of 1-800-665-2006 at any time, anywhere in Canada or the continental United States, and Ford will send you the help you need. It’s a good idea to have their number saved in your phone and written down somewhere in your vehicle in case you ever need it.
Now you can download Ford’s Roadside Assistance App to your Apple phone via iTunes or to your Android phone via Google Play. It gives you access to all of the information and features of the program through your phone, but it also comes with added benefits:
- Receive real-time arrival estimates and status updates directly on your phone
- Register multiple Ford vehicles under the same account for extra convenience
- Get prioritized service without waiting on hold
- Use your phone’s GPS location to help Ford pinpoint your exact location
The coverage also includes emergency travel reimbursement, such as having to pay for a hotel or meals while your vehicle is repaired. This covers you when you are travelling far from home up to a certain amount. You can find full details on what Roadside Assistance covers here, and you can print off the information to keep with you whenever you travel in your Ford.